Friday, September 25, 2009

What's Your Wish?

I am completely adopting this concept from a cute, little book that I just read. I haven't been able to sleep lately...mixture of stuff running through my head (man, I need an off switch), my little bit teething, and allergies for me...so I thought I would pick up an easy read to pick up in the middle of the night to get me to go back to sleep. Sounds like a good plan, huh? It didn't work because I completely got into this book.

The author is Debbie Macomber. From what I can tell, she writes happy, easy reads for women that are uplifting and sweet. This particular book is Twenty Wishes. It's about these women who join this book club. They are all widows from all walks of life that become great friends. One of the characters come up with the concept of 20 wishes.

Twenty wishes are a list of things you want to do, go, meet, etc. one day. They may or may not be possible because they are simply wishes of your heart. You have to be careful not to include goals...just wishes. The wishes gave these women that had lost hope and experienced pain and loss a bigger purpose and perspective for their life. It helped them see beyond the present...and into the potential of the future.

Think about it. What would be on your list of twenty wishes? It was harder than I thought to come up with twenty, and once I started thinking about it, they were more interesting than even I thought they could be. I have only thought of a few, but how neat would it be to compile a list of twenty wishes...to let your heart dream and your mind not put reality into the realm....just your heart.

Try it. Make a list of the first few wishes that pop in your head. A list...actually writing them down...makes the wish real in a sense. I so often scrapbook my children and letters to my kids or about my kids. I rarely include something about me, but how neat would it be if I included my twenty wishes in their scrapbook or their baby book!? So, that's my plan! If you need a quick, sweet, easy book, this book is just what you need...regardless, go write your twenty wishes down!

Mama Drama Rule #46: Sometimes our hearts hold more of our dreams than our minds ever will. The goal is to give each one--your mind and your heart---the opportunity to be heard.

No comments: