Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Strawberry Patch

My granddad would plant a huge garden each year that he shared with family and friends. I always enjoyed "helping" him. I remember helping him pick strawberries year after year. He would often call me his "strawberry queen" because I ate much more than I picked. I could never get enough strawberries. There is something that makes strawberries taste so much better when you picked them yourself.



After preschool yesterday, we went on our own strawberry picking adventure. It was lots of fun. I think Little Bit might have inherited my tendency to eat more than pick. LaLa meticulously admired each berry prior to picking. The tractors, animals, and homemade ice cream were an unexpected addition to our visit to the strawberry patch. The people that worked there were so nice. Nice people can make a day even more special. We so often forget that!



Here are some pictures from our strawberry pickin'...







Southern Belle Farms
McDonough, Georgia
2010

No comments: